The Blue Stone

The Blue Stone
seeking life's possibilities

Thursday, October 1, 2009

How can I de-clutter if I can't read the book?

Okay, so here's the thing.
 
As much as I can't get the hang of this blog stuff; I'm not certain I'll be able to de-clutter. It seems such a silly task when there are real things to worry about (the earthquake victims, school, work, ex, kids, mom, money, economy, etc) BUT I want a clean orderly space.
 
Here's why if I can't figure out how to read the book correctly how will I ever be able to do what's in the book? Seems simple. Pick book, open cover, start reading, implement suggestions. If only......
 
the book is divided into 12 months. Each month into 4 weeks (different tasks for each week). The book starts in January. I thought, I'll do January in September , (February in October etc etc etc). Umm. It actually doesn't work that way.
 
I did the January tasks for September. Then I thought, well it'd be nice if the kids have a better routine with the start of school. Thumbed through the book a little more and found September; start the school year off right. Duh. 
 
I wasted September on January and all I got out of it was a pretty clean kitchen. So it's probably worth it. But typical me, I'll probably try to do September and October together.  
 
My point being, if I can't read the book correctly, will I be able to do the tasks. 
 
It's almost 12:30 am and I hear one of my sons cooking in the kitchen. I think he's making brownies so Gabby will have some in the AM. Smells good. but why can't they do it at 10 pm? 
 
My mom is here and that could be a separate blog all in itself. She's a pretty easy houseguest.  She had cataract surgery about three weeks ago. On one eye. She created some drama at the surgery date (I think she was trying to get out of the surgery; I told her no way, I took the day off, you're getting surgery. " Only kidding, well I did say that to her, but she could have canceled it if she really wanted to.
 
She's had glasses since she was 4 years old. The ophthalmologist scolded her for waiting so long, but mentioned that she might see better than she ever had. She said no way. He also told she might not need glasses after the surgery; her reply: that will never happen.
 
Guess what ! it happened. Her fixed eye has 20/20 vision now. She can see colors for the first time in years. And she has taken great pleasure in the fact that she doesn't need the Large Print library books (but I need my readers even with the large print books) but I do.
 
She's also taken pleasure in pointing out that I have more gray hairs than she does (and she's 77). 
 
All in all, it's been a fun adventure.
 
But can I just say, I truly enjoyed that my little kids were with me most of the summer uninterrupted. Going back to the old schedule has been a very hard adjustment for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment