The Blue Stone

The Blue Stone
seeking life's possibilities

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Too many people

There are seriously too many people in my house right now (and sounds I do not recognize). My two oldest boys (24, 22) who SWORE they would never live with me after high school when I bought this current house, are both home. My mom is here for an extended stay for surgery. And the two little ones. In a 3 BR house. WAY too many people.


De-clutter progress. None. I like reading the book and dreaming I can decluter and have the perfectly clean house and organized kids who NEVER scream or flick their fingers at me.



It's like walking on the treadmill; you keep going but you're really not making any progress. None. At. All.



So September is pretty much a wash. Seriously, how do you clean neat people do it?
I'm no longer secretly envious or making snide remarks. I just want the secret. I do. I really do. If I could afford it, I'd pay someone to come over and declutter and make a schedule.



We're having a "spirit" day at work tomorrow (and a tailgate party minus alcohol). We're supposed to wear our favorite teams jerseys. I asked if I could wear Ricky Hatton's ; it was pointed out quite quickly that boxer's do not wear shirts (forgot that). Well going topless at work is not a sight most can see; me with my able to tuck into my pants breasts (unless I wear the bra that perks them up to my shoulders and seriously I have one of those). might be a little much. I 'll settle for wearing jeans.

Okay, I know how I did this (yellow background, purple writing) but I can't figure out how to get rid of it.



September goals:
met: many
not met: most

3 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda, I've just skimmed back yuour last 2 or 3 posts and I think I'm going to enjoy reading you. Just keep talking from the heart - it's funny and sweet. Thanks for visiting the Quiet Life. Lou

    PS I'm a tidy freak though I must confess to having less energy for decluttering as I used to. Consquently I have a spare room with slowly increasing stuff pushed in there 'out of the way'. I'm actually getting a little scared - perhaps I need to buy the book too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, I'm so sooooooo with you. I'm seriously envious of my friends with superior cleaning/decluttering/organizing abilities.

    ~Jenn (Ex Hot Girl)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, those super-serious decluttering ppl are the type "A"s....and we're not all type "A"s. I am a type...."T". For Tomorrow....I'll do it tomorrow. It'll get done. Break it down into manageable doses and do only what you can. ONE thing is better than none.
    If I were you, I'd take an old tee/sweatshirt and write MY name in bold letters on front. BE YOUR BIGGEST FAN. Thanks for the comment & flw at my place!

    ReplyDelete